The heavy lifting is now done. Hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent on a major five-year overhaul of the entire skyride system. This comprehensive skyride renovation was completed in 2019, the last year that the skyride operated.
- $450,000 were spent from 2015 through 2019 for the renovation which included a major overhaul of the mechanical parts on every tower, every cabin, and in both stations. This included installation of an enormous number of new parts to replace old parts.
- The $450,000 renovation followed the estimated $250,000 investment in improvements that Tulsa County made from 2007 to 2015.
- The previous $250,000 investment included a new control system, safety upgrades, a new motor, new drive, new roofs for both skyride stations, and more.
- Doppelmayr is a world leader in ropeway technology with more than 15,000 ropeway installations on six continents. Doppelmayr acquired Von Roll’s ropeway business and continues to support and service all Von Roll ropeways still in operation.
- Doppelmayr supplies new parts to existing Von Roll ropeways such as the Tulsa Skyride.
Von Roll built highly-robust systems. Tulsa’s skyride is among them. Solid and strong, the renovated Tulsa Skyride is ready to continue to thrill and enchant Tulsans for many years to come.
Visit our homepage for information on how you can help save the Tulsa Skyride!